Kemi's Sisterlock and Life Journey

A log of my journey as I grow in my sisterlocks.

Sunday, February 25, 2007



It's been too long...

Well, It's been a very long time since I've posted. I know that this is just for me now unless there are people who still read this. My one year anniversary came and went. My hair is doing very well. I love it more than when I started definitely. My hair is thicker and it's growing longer every day. Jeff still can't keep his hands out of my head! Here is a picture taken at home this January. Not the best photo, but I still like it. It was a no-makeup (like I go any other way 90% of the time) sort of day. I'm sure you can see my long underwear under my shirt. I thought my hair looked a little cute so I had DH (dear husband) take a picture. This was day three of a Chi-Chi special (braids set on soft spikes).So here is an updated photo (recent too!!) of my sisterlocks. They're happy and healthy and growing. I use the green tea shampoo to wash and the moisture treatment for after I shampoo. I freestyle most days and every other day dampen my hair in the shower and add some of the spray moisturizer to keep my hair from drying out. It gets cold and dry up here in New England!!!

On to the reason why I haven't posted in so long...Well Jeff and I decided to move to Vermont like we had planned on doing for so long. I remember talking about him looking for jobs and the like, but the companies weren't biting because we lived in VA. So we decided to put our house together and sell it. It was such a blessing. We put our house on the market at the end of October and it was under contract in 5 days! The first person who went through the house fell in love with it and put an offer on the table the same day she saw it. We were so happy. Well things went "smoothly" for the most part. We went to VT to look for a place in the Burlington area and found a house to rent right away. I was doing lots of reasearch on homes in the area and we had narrowed it down to three houses. One was a really cute blue cape style house, the second was a nice yellow farm house, and the third was a little white rancher with black shutters. The blue house was under lease contract the day we wanted to look at it. I was so upset. We liked the yellow house, but it was right on a kind of main road and it would have been difficult to get out of the driveway. Also the owners of the yellow house would only sign a lease for 6 months and we wanted to be able to sign on for a year. We went to the cute rancher and I loved it. It's a lot smaller than our townhouse in VA, but it has hardwood floors in all the rooms except the kitchen. I like hardwoods because it's easy to keep clean. Ironically, our home is in the same neighborhood as the cute blue cape home we wanted. In fact, it's right across the street from our house. Talk about funny! So even though I don't live there I can still look at the place.

This is our house after we had a little snow. We have much more than that now. I adore the fact that we have a large front and back yard. Which brings me to my next subject.

Another reason that I haven't been blogging is because Jeff and I have been trying to conceive our first child. So far, no success. It's been a long process and with moving, we haven't exactly been stellar in the baby making department. I started charting last May and in July we decided to give it a go. Like I said, there has been a lot going on in general so our attempts have been lack luster at best. Our timing has always been a couple of days off for some reason. I'll get excited and jump the gun (no pun intended) and then we'll burn ourselves out. I'll spare you the details. So trying to get pregnant has been taking a large chunk of our time and attention. We're taking a break this month because we'll be travelling to Austin, TX and staying with my brother. We'll resume in April and hope to have a late December/early January baby. Wish us luck in our journey together. I certainly has stirred some interesting conversation between my husband and I. :)

What does this have to do with my hair? Nothing really. I just wanted to let you know the other things going on in my life. I will make my best effort to be more consistent with my updates. Things just seemed to be so busy that I didn't have a chance to let everybody know how I was doing or what I was up to. I hope someone is out there reading this. If so, please leave me a comment so I know you're there. Until next time...thanks.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Divã de Noiva said…

    Hi, passando para conhecer!!!

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Kemi! You and your hair look wonderful. Congratulations on all of the wonderful blessings bestowed to you.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger kemicutie said…

    Thanks! I'm so happy that you're still checking my blog. I figured that I didn't want to make the announcement that I've started blogging again. I'm just happy that I've found the time to do it again.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger TwoIslandsGirl said…

    Welcome back! Congrats to you and your hubby on your move and on starting a family. I understand your frustration as my husband and I are going through a similar situation. Remember to be patient and have fun with it. From watching the Discovery Channel, I've learned that alot of pregnancies occur during the time when the couple is taking a break...you never know :-)

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there! Congrats on absolutely everything;hair, babymaking, move, and for blogging about it (-:

    You are looking good!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HEEEEY!!! how are ya? You probably don't know me; I'm sunsail. :) Well, I'm sure you see that now. You're soooo cute!!! Love the hair! Methinks you should post more often. :) My ex is from Burlington. His parents still live there, on Saratoga Ave, right outside of downtown Burlington. I went there what felt like a gillion times to visit. To tell you the truth, I miss his friends and family more than I miss him! I realyl like VT and the peeps, but I cannot STAND the mostquitoes!! Whooda thunk there would be so many 'squitoes so far up north?

    Ok, I'm off to be nosy and read more of your blog. Feel free to drop me a line anytime. I'm seven months in (sisterlocks), and it's been challenging, to say the least.

    Off you go, then. Have fun making babies!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home