Kemi's Sisterlock and Life Journey

A log of my journey as I grow in my sisterlocks.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Has it been that long????

For real! I had no idea that I have become so lazy about my blog. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post today, but I will shortly. I am currently at 4 months and counting on my baby SL's and they're doing great! I'm not much for styling at this point, but I did take a page from Chi Chi's book and braided my locks and set them on softpikes. The results were fantastic! I plan on doing it again this week. Maybe I can get some photos together. I've noticed that I do have some growth as well as some condensing and fattening up on my locks I have a few that needed to be redone because of slippage, but that was only 5 or so. The rest are getting plump (as far as SL's go) and locking nicely.

I did get my Sisterlocks Journal and it is fantastic. For some reason, I thought that it would be bigger, but when I received it, it was kind of like a Jet magazine, but a lot longer and I read every article! I'm so happy to have this because it's great to see a magazine about real natural hair. I know that there is Naturally Yours as well, but I have yet to get a copy. I'm simply happy to see some real natural women in the magazines instead of the afro weave and the kinky twist extentions or lock extensions. Then they praise certain women with natural hair and their hair is basically curly/straight and not kinky at all. Whoopie. That gets on my nerves. Then when they do have a kinky sister featured, they give her some weird hairdo conceptual thing. Anyways, enough of my venting. I love the Sisterlocks Journal. I bought a one year subscription even before I received my first copy. I just knew it was going to be good and I'm very happy that it is.

On to life stuff. I think that I already made it known that I'm working on becoming a Lactation Consultant and Doula. I have doula training this weekend and LC training next month. Then I'm off to get internships for a year a piece so I'll be doing those two things full time. I'm so happy I got fired. So take that former place of imprisonment! I'm HAPPY!!! I do hope to have some photos soon. I feel like I'm letting you guys down by not letting you know how I'm doing.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Natural Kinks said…

    Glad to see you posting again! Can't wait to see some pics!
    That's right girl stick it to the old work place. Move on to better and brighter things.
    Bless

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to see that you're doing well. Being an avid blog reader makes you get used to checking in on folks.
    I also agree that you getting fired was God's special blessing for you. If you were still working for your former "imprisonment" as you put it, you'd never have followed your heart and be pursuing what your true interests are. Good luck, and please posts some recent pics of your hair.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Chi-chi said…

    Hey lady,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. You reminded me that I need to update mine too! I can't wait to see what your "kinky curls" look like. I feel you on the other natural hair magazines, it's nice to feel the natural hair is normal, not some weird concept.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Glad to see your update. I live in Warrenton! Check out my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home