Kemi's Sisterlock and Life Journey

A log of my journey as I grow in my sisterlocks.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Can I be any lazier!!!

It's been a while, but I am coming back to give you life and hair updates. I'll post pictures shortly. Well things are going well on my end. My internship is going very well and I love working with mothers and babies. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner? Anyways, it's a wonderful calling and I'm having a great time doing it. My doula work is picking up a little as well. I have a new client I will be supporting at the end of the month for her birth and I'm very excited about this one. The family is quite nice and I'm looking forward to this.

As for my dear husband Jeff, he had interviewed for company in Vermont a month ago only to not be offered the job. Bottom line was, he had more leadership qualities and ability than the man who was supposed to be his supervisor if he had been hired. Not cool. They didn't want Jeff outshining the homeboy from Vermont. We still haven't given up though. He just completed an interview with a company in Burlington and it seems promising. The interview liked Jeff and we'll see how it goes. He's waiting for his business partner to return from vacation to do another interview and see if Jeff is right for the job. We'll see soon. I'm not going to bet the farm on this because of what happened last time. Live and learn. We would prefer living in Burlington though since we're both familiar with the area.

As for my Sisterlocks(tm) they're doing great. I love how they have fattened up and are well on their way to locking. My locks are 8 months old now!!! My ends have the balls still and some of them fell off, but they're doing great. Larry found that I was washing my hair once a week and since I'm not fully locked advised that I reduce my washing to once every two weeks. It's going well so far. I just put SeaBreeze on my scalp to cleanse and keep the itchies away in between shampooings. I do love how my hair falls though. Especially a few days after I set it on soft spikes. The first day is very curly and they seem to gracefully fall into a very nice every day style. I'll be setting them again this weekend. I think that's about it. I hope that I still have someone out there reading my blog. It's been a fun ride with my hair so far and it just seems to be getting better every day.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Chi-chi said…

    I'm still reading your blog lady! Glad to hear all is well with you. Take care

    Chi(:

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Yep, another fan still reading too.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Funlayo said…

    Glad to see you blogging again. We need more hair shots luv:)

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Ree-C said…

    Just visiting to see if there are any updates. Can't wait to see pictures.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Kemi,

    You're back! Thanks for your comment. You need to update!! I miss you!!!

    Brunsli

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Oh my, I came over to say thanks for your comment and you need to update!

    But it seems I already said that!

    It's been six months - you must have major hair progress to show us...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home