Kemi's Sisterlock and Life Journey

A log of my journey as I grow in my sisterlocks.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A very Nappy Christmas.....

Well we had a very happy holiday this past week. We spent Christmas Eve with my in-laws and Christmas Day with my family. It was a beautiful holiday. The most interesting thing about it was that out of 8 ladies in the house, 6 of us were natural and 5 of us were locked! You will have to see it to believe it! So I have pictures!!!! This first photo is of my sister Sola. The woman in the background is our eldest sister Moremi. She was the other woman with out natural hair. I don't know where she got it from, but my mother never put it in our heads that straight hair was better even though we did get our hair relaxed. She just kind of put that in her own head as well as the other people in school and her friends she hangs around. Anyways, this is about giving love to my locked girls at our Christmas dinner. Back to Sola...She has very small traditional locks. She started hers by washing her hair, shaking it and letting the curls fall where they may. She maintains her hair by latching now (she learned from our friend who has SL's) and she has been locked for 2 years. The next photo is of Mrs. Chin. Mrs. Chin has traditional locks. She has been locked for 5 years now. Can you believe it? I couldn't when she told me! She had hers started by a loctician and has them professionally maintained and colored (which is why she's wearing a hat in this photo. Sorry Mrs. Chin, I just had to tell the truth). You wouldn't believe that this very beautiful woman has 2 children and has been with her husband (Mr. Chin) for over 20 years? She is great and I love her family! Well I guess I will have to continue the photos on another entry. My next photo wouldn't load up!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Great blog Christmas entries!! Enjoyed the ride.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Dami said…

    hola fellow naija babe. was checking what's new in braidlock/sisterlock land and stumbled across your page. i just braidlocked a couple months ago and i can't wait for it to be much more longer even though it's a good length for most folks. anywhoo, just saying hi and i'll check in more often!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home