Kemi's Sisterlock and Life Journey

A log of my journey as I grow in my sisterlocks.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Almost done with my Nappy Christmas...

Well I did take a lot of photos. This next one is of all my featured locked ladies together taking a back shot. My pregnant younger sister just couldn't stay still and wanted to turn around. I loved this picture because it was all of them together. I did say that I had another natural haired young lady at the party. The reason I didn't choose to put her in is because though her hair is natural, her mother(Mrs. C) maintains it by pressing so it looks straight though her hair is quite curly naturally. It wouldn't look any different than another girl with relaxed hair so I decided to leave her out, but I am giving her some love for being natural and not using chemicals. :) The next photo is of me. I did my hair with some borrowed (from Sola) flex rollers and some water (my SL's are only 6 weeks old now). I basically just put the water in my hair to dampen it and rolled away. I made sure not to stretch my hair out while I rolled it and did it very softly. I then finger combed my hair, thew on a headband and was out. The result is what you see here. The gentleman in the background is my father. As you can see we had a very happy holiday. I was so happy to see that the majority of my family is natural and free. I do have an older sister in New York who is also 100% natural (she does have naturally straight hair, but that's another story). I just wanted to give her some love. :) Three out of four girls isn't bad for my Mom!

My SL's are doing great! As I've said before I've experienced some slippage on the edges and I'm loving the shrinkage. My very first retightening is this coming Tuesday! Yes, it's been a while, but I didn't have too much growth since it's winter and my hair doesn't grow as fast as it does in the Spring and Summer. Also, my consultant didn't have any free spots available for me during December so I had to take the very first available day in January. I'm looking forward to this!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Wow, now this post gave me chills all over. I LOVE the LOCKS, everyone is stunningly beautiful!

    Go girls!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Merry Christmas!

    Kemi, you have so many beautiful locked women in your family!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger kemicutie said…

    It's a blessing, really. I see so many horror stories about family members who disapprove of wearing hair natural and it makes my blood boil! The support is great and I must say that without it, this would be a very hard journey indeed.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Naturally Free Hair Studio (678.467.1867) said…

    Your loving the shrinkage?

    You all look so happy, what a blessing. I would love to see the majority of my family locked and lovin it. Whatever you all are doing, keep on doing it. Simply beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home