Kemi's Sisterlock and Life Journey

A log of my journey as I grow in my sisterlocks.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pictures... FINALLY!!!!

This is me after six months of sisterlocks. Can you believe it? This was taken this morning while waiting for my mother to arrive for our outing. I feel like I've really grown in these. I did a braid and curl set last night and I'm happy to say that it looked good to me this morning. This was a way to battle the "little balls" that have been driving me crazy lately. I wouldn't trade my hair for anything though. I love this process. I know that it's locking and that soon, I'll be able to stop braiding and banding! Anyways, here are a few more photos so that you all can see the progression.
This photo is of me at a little over 4 months. My hair is getting fuller and It's growing so what can I say? I'm so happy!!! I just thought I was too cute in this photo.

This other photo was taken a month before the March photo. See I did take photos, I was just too lazy to update my blog! Well I don't know what was going on in this picture. I thought I was cute here too, but my hair is doing some funky stack thing. I just wanted to show the difference in each month. I was just over 3 months in this one. For some reason I don't think I took any photos in April. I think the only one I did take, it was with my sister and her husband at my house and it was after a braid and band session. I hadn't finished separating my locks yet. Oh well.

I'm just in awe of the change in just a couple of months. My locks have grown a little longer every month, a little thicker and just more of what I wanted to see at this point. I did think that I would be locked by this point, but everyone's hair is different. Though my hair is definitely kinky, it's also soft so it will take me a little longer before it's all finished locking. I think it's nearly settled though. I'm just hoping to get little buds on most of the top and I'll be in business. My edges have stopped slipping between retightenings so that's a good sign. I just want to be able to learn how to retighten my own hair before we move. I think where we're going there aren't any sisterlocks consultants or anyone for that matter who specializes in cultivated locks so I'm going to have to do it myself and make appointments with Dana and Larry when I come back to visit. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed my updates. I'll try to be more active in the blog, I promise. I just had to get over a little hump.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Finally, thanks for posting! Girl, you are looking so pretty in those locks and love the fresh natural makeup!

    Don't stay wasy so long!!!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Leighann said…

    Welcome Back! You've been missed! Yes you have had quite bit of progress and are lookng very cute! :-) It took me quite a while too lock too so patience is the key. But it looks like it's paying off for you.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger kemicutie said…

    Thanks Ladies,

    It has been a while and I hope to never be gone that long. I know I got so lazy about it. It was always, "Next weekend" or "Tomorrow", but I just kind of let it go by the wayside. Thank you for your encouragement and compliments. It feels good and I love my hair.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your SLs look great! The journey only gets better from here on out :-)

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Chi-chi said…

    You look absolutely beautiful! I love the curl set. It's nice to see you in pics again. I can understand about not posting in a while. I tend to blog in spurts myself.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your hair is really growing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home