Kemi's Sisterlock and Life Journey

A log of my journey as I grow in my sisterlocks.

Monday, December 19, 2005

I love my sisterlock journey so far. I'm experiencing the ever famous "shrinkage". I find that a lot of women compain about that phase and want to show their length, but for me it's been a great experience. I'm really enjoying the shrinkage phase. It's just a sign that my hair is happy and getting ready to lock. I have the cute little curlies at the ends of my babies right now in most parts of my head. I do try not to do too much with my hair as far as styling goes. Last week, I freestyled the entire week. It was great to just put water in my hair and go.

I have had some slippage around the edges though which is annoying. I have one behind my ear that slipped out before my follow up appointment. That very same one came undone again. I have a few in the back that have slipped out as well and some in the very front on the edges. I can count my blessings that all the slippage is around the edges where the hair is a bit softer. The interior of my hair is really holding it together. Other than that, I'm enjoying every day of my journey. You know I'll tell it when it gets a bit ugly, but right now, I'm really having a good time with it. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Kemi,

    Do you use conditioner? I used to have major slippage too. I stopped using conditioner for a couple months and that helped. Some of my locks over my ears were combined, so that really helped too (but is probably more of a last resort). Now there's only one that slips.

    There's no reason your hair has to go thorugh an ugly stage!! LOL

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    PS Thanks for your comment on my blog. I don't know how to email you, so I'm replying here. You may enjoy the yahoo group blackwomenwithbiracialchild (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackwomenwithbiracialchild/ ).

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger kemicutie said…

    I don't use conditioner. I don't use anything. My SL consultant said I couldn't use anything, it's just that some of my hair is a bit stubborn and wants to come out of the locks. I'm not sure, but I did see a couple that could be combined because they are so small that it's pretty insignificant. The one behind my ear is kind of like that. We'll just have to keep an eye on that one. BTW, thanks for giving me the website. I'll be peeking in there every once in a while.

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Leighann said…

    I love your attitude about shrinkage. I just tried to grin and bear it. In retrospect it didn't last long.

    I STILL have slippage issues with a couple of locks around my edges. If I don't watch them, they'll come right out; a consequence of soft hair, that I didn't even know I had until I got Sisterlocks. :-)

    Leighann

     

Post a Comment

<< Home